Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Warranties, why bother

I recently had a shortage which can be a pretty expensive undertaking. My first conclusion is not to blame the plug and just think.. my airport has just conked out. What happens when you buy a new one and it doesn't work in the socket?? Then of course it is the surge protector...
I sent it in.. and now have letter saying there is nothing wrong with it...

I just shrug, nothing I can do. I have two airport express machines crapped out and one surge protector now gone. Now that is a swindle. I lost cash sending it in... cash buying all the items.. and cash re-buying the item. At least Apple replaced the damaged airport express since I just bought the new one. Ho hum. Since this is the second Belkin that has burnt out something, I've crossed it off my to-buy list. The first time Apple replaced my imac... whew! What can you do? Nothing.

Note to self. Don't buy a Belkin.