Thursday, February 4, 2010

App craze

How many people have approached you with their get rich scheme of creating your own iphone app? Five? Two? A hundred? Everywhere people have a "great idea". I laugh when I remember the quote "Acting on a good idea is better than just having a good idea." - Robert Half

Isn't that the truth? Everyone is a genius, but who actually does the work? After failing, again and again, success is determined by the blood, sweat, and tears of unwavering dedication to your dream. Having the balls to take a calculated risk is part of the battle. When I heard of the million dollar home page, created by Alex Tew, a 21 year old student to help finance his university tuition all I could think was... why didn't I think of that? But that isn't just it, if I did... would I actually have taken the time to create the webpage? Probably not.

We all dream of the sudden magical windfall of success that some of the most successful individuals are known for, but what keeps them up top? Hard work, but just don't forget to be brave enough to take the opportunity when it comes.