Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nerding out. Trek talk.


I have no shame, I proudly admit I thoroughly enjoyed the Star Trek the Next Generation series and was blissfully unappreciative of the hype surrounding the original series. I don't think one of my friends would've been caught dead liking either series, but I'm overjoyed to see the series getting a much needed face lift of 'cool'.

Is it just me? I've always wondered why the creators haven't introduced a half Vulcan half Romulan main character. Especially after all the... (not to spoil anything for those who haven't watched it) stuff that happened? It would be an interesting character to say the least!! It would open the doors for a wealth of issues that resonate in society today between similar countrymen. The Irish and English... Japanese and Chinese...(I could go on and on..) How differences in culture, history, ignorance, geography, and prejudices over a long number of years perpetuates the cycle of separation and resentment.