Thursday, October 15, 2009

English roses

I've always been a fan of British television.
Whether it's Poirot, Marple, Foyle's War, or Horatio Hornblower, I can't get enough of it. Oh and you can even watch a few episodes on youtube if you can't get a hold of them! I'm still on the fence about the new Sherlock Holmes flick, but I'm sure Guy Ritchie will at least smoother us with snappy action bits when the story lags behind.
For now, I'm anticipating the pilot of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice of Fire series, starring Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey. (HBO isn't British, but it's shot in the UK). It's a promising start, especially since the writer takes years to finish each novel.
If you haven't started the series give it a whirl (Game of Thrones being book 1). A delectable tale that's filled with all the deadly sins we all know and love.