Saturday, September 11, 2010

Smug Canucks

Canadians to my utter amazement are as chipper as can be. I keep on hearing from Vancouver natives, oh but it's Vancouver, real estate will never crash. Or, "oh it's all the foreign money, the Chinese keep on buying, buying, buying." My question is: "Are the Chinese on Crack?" Why the heck are they buying a house that would at most fetch.. say $250,000 in America for well over one million dollars??

There's an infuriating amount of smugness in the Canadian media. Of how we are better than our southern counterparts, that our financial systems is sooooooo much better. I'm no financial expert but I know this much...
I smell a rat. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Canadians are so deluded that this may well continue for a few years, but make no mistake... the guillotine will fall.

Here's a hilarious questionnaire... I got 10 out of 16