Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall Previews


It's been a long while since I posted, but it doesn't mean my obsessions have waned any less.

I recently attended a freebie fall book preview for Random House and Penguin books.  I love these events!  Not only do they offer a wide smattering of genres to chose from, but they give insider information and who the hot new writers are.  Unfortunately there were a few more freebie-whores than me, and I opted for the loo... so by the time I arrived at the giveaway table it was picked clean.

There's been a lot of hype about comic cons lately, all around the US and Canada.  The Big Bang Theory has probably cranked it up a notch, and it's weird to hear people proudly proclaim their nerdy obsessions.  Unfortunately I no longer attend San Diego Comic Con, even if I can get in free each year.  The long line ups, crowds, and heat has left a bad taste.

I found this book a year ago, and perhaps it's a product of my generation... but I found it a nice light page turner.